All things nonprofit! Learn more about my professional, volunteer, and other experience with various nonprofit organizations.
Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Director, TYA/USA, 2013-2017.
- Coordinated with the 25-member national Board of Directors in managing all organizational activities, including budgets, programming, events, and publications.
- Planned, executed, and co-hosted the biennial One Theatre World conference including the planning and management of all sponsorships, marketing, registration, performances, breakout sessions, master classes, and keynotes.
- Served as lead point-of-contact for vendors, advertisers & sponsors, media outlets, & publishers.
- Improved newsletter and other external communications.
- Expanded publications by spearheading and editing the launch of the successful Young Playwrights for Change anthology series.
Open Books - Chicago
- Volunteer for Open Books’ (a nonprofit literacy organization) Adventures in Creative Writing Field Trips: open-books.org.
- Mentored students in Grades 3-12 in group and individual writing activities in prose and poetry.
- Fostered imagination and creative ways of expressing their lives.
- Served as Communications & Events Intern for Revelry 2011, writing event and literacy blog posts, assisting with silent auction and other duties.
NewTown Writers - Chicago
- Member 2002-2012: Shared work in a number of performance events, workshops, and publications.
- Board Member since 2008-2012 (Vice President 2010-12): Assisted with literary events, web site, and social media.
- Artistic Director of Performance 2009-2012: Co-directed & produced solo performance and playwriting events.
- Read the NTW-related Blog Posts.