All things nonprofit! Learn more about my professional, volunteer, and other experience with various nonprofit organizations.
Cumberland River Compact
- Spring 2018 Volunteer for the Compact’s Rain Garden program.
- Supported the Compact’s mission to “enhance the health and enjoyment of the Cumberland River and its tributaries through education, collaboration, and action.”
- Got to know some of my neighbors.
- Planning to continue with this and other programs through the Compact.
Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Director, TYA/USA, 2013-2017.
- Coordinated with the 25-member national Board of Directors in managing all organizational activities, including budgets, programming, events, and publications.
- Planned, executed, and co-hosted the biennial One Theatre World conference including the planning and management of all sponsorships, marketing, registration, performances, breakout sessions, master classes, and keynotes.
- Served as lead point-of-contact for vendors, advertisers & sponsors, media outlets, & publishers.
- Improved newsletter and other external communications.
- Expanded publications by spearheading and editing the launch of the successful Young Playwrights for Change anthology series.
Open Books - Chicago
- Volunteer for Open Books’ (a nonprofit literacy organization) Adventures in Creative Writing Field Trips: open-books.org.
- Mentored students in Grades 3-12 in group and individual writing activities in prose and poetry.
- Fostered imagination and creative ways of expressing their lives.
- Served as Communications & Events Intern for Revelry 2011, writing event and literacy blog posts, assisting with silent auction and other duties.
NewTown Writers - Chicago
- Member 2002-2012: Shared work in a number of performance events, workshops, and publications.
- Board Member since 2008-2012 (Vice President 2010-12): Assisted with literary events, web site, and social media.
- Artistic Director of Performance 2009-2012: Co-directed & produced solo performance and playwriting events.
- Read the NTW-related Blog Posts.
Friends of the Rouge - Dearborn, Michigan
- My story “On the Rouge” at BELT Magazine features staff and volunteers of Friends of the Rouge, an organization dedicated to raising awareness about the need to clean up the Rouge River in southeast Michigan.
- Read the story at beltmag.com/on-the-rouge.
- Rouge Rescue 2018 Volunteer: Part of the trash cleanup crew at the Rouge Park site.